(Modeled after the COE of The International Cat Association)
I am the owner of a registered cattery in The International Cat Association (TICA), American Cat Fanciers Association (ACFA), Canadian Cat Association (CCFAC), Federation International Feline (FIFE), The Governing Council of the Cat Fancy (GCCF), Australian Cat Federation (ACF), or other national cat fanciers association.
I will breed with discrimination, and only if there are enough appropriate homes to be found for my kittens.
I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life-long commitment of love, appreciation, and responsible care.
I do/will not sell or give kittens to commercial wholesale or retail dealerships, or provide cats to be used in any type of auction.
I will, to the best of my ability, only breed cats that are free of genetic medical or temperament issues and will screen breeding cats for medical issues when there are methods of doing so (DNA testing, blood tests, or echocardiograms).
Any kitten or cat sold as a pet/companion will be sold under the following conditions:
– I will guarantee that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale.
– I will urge the purchaser to have the kitten/cat examined by the purchaser’s own veterinarian within a few days of purchase to confirm its good health.
– I will require that the kitten be spayed or neutered no later than 12 months of age and not be allowed to produce offspring if it is placed as “pet only”.
– I will explain to the purchaser the dangers of an outdoor environment.
– I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the terms of the sale and I will abide by my own sales agreement.
– I will provide the appropriate registration application form for the kitten/cat, and only after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian that the cat has been altered if it has been placed as “pet only”.
– I will encourage the purchaser to contact me if the purchaser has any questions and I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.
– I will not release a kitten until it has been inoculated for the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus (two vaccines are suggested). I also may choose to give other vaccinations.
For breeders that agree to this voluntary code of ethics and are ready to submit a listing:
(if you are not logged in to your user account, you will be prompted to do so,
if you do not have a user account, request one via the contact page)